Four times a year we will come together to create an impact within the Lower Columbia area through the selection of a local nonprofit to receive our donation. Along with our donation, we also spread awareness of these local nonprofits. At each meeting we randomly draw 3 nonprofits from a hat. These nonprofits share their stories and the attending members vote.
Only registered and official members of 100 Women Who Care Lower Columbia Chapter are eligible to nominate a non-profit. You must have attended and paid your first contribution and all donations must be paid up to date.
In order to be considered for nomination, the nonprofit must be:
- Based in, and serving the Greater Lower Columbia Area.
- A registered 501(c)3 organization able to provide charitable tax receipts for donations.
- Previously established for at least one year (no start-ups).
- No national or international charities will be considered, as the aim is to keep our donations right here in the Lower Columbia area. National or Global organizations with a local area chapter may be nominated; however, the funds must be used only for a project that serves the Lower Columbia area.
- Any charity or not-for-profit group must be a registered 501(c)3 and willing to provide tax receipts to all members who donate.
- Those nominated must agree in advance of the meeting to send tax receipts directly to each of the donating members.
- Members of 100 Women Who Care Lower Columbia Chapter will vote by secret ballot to select one of the three nominated nonprofits to receive all the donations that evening. There is no proxy voting.
- The nonprofit with the greatest number of votes will be the recipient of the total funds donated and will be ineligible to receive funds from 100 Women Who Care Lower Columbia for 2 (two) years.
- The other two presenting nonprofits (not selected) roll over to the next quarterly meeting. All others must be nominated again in writing each quarter. Once a nonprofit has presented twice to the membership, they will wait 1 year until they are eligible to be nominated again.
- Any organization nominated will be contacted and vetted. The member who nominates the nonprofit will need to be present at the next meeting. The member may invite up to 2 representatives from the non-profit to assist in presenting information to the membership. One should be the main speaker. The following aspects are suggested for your presentation: Who are you, what organization do you represent, what made you join this organization, if awarded this donation what impact do you plan on making in our community?
- A request will be made of the recipient to present an update on their use of the donation at the next meeting of 100 Women Who Care Lower Columbia.
Note: 100 Women Who Care Lower Columbia Chapter reserves the right to amend these eligibility criteria when appropriate, without consultation with the nominated charities.